Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bake 52: Make-Ahead French Toast Casserole

 I don't want to sound whiny or anything (again) BUT I don't remember a time before my computer started uploading these THREE photos!  I am about to go ballistic on the internet in general if I could just figure out a way to do that.  A hissy fit sounds like a stellar idea about now.  How did we EVER survive with dial-up internet connections?!!? I feel like I have dial-up and it's un-survivable.  It was a simpler time I guess.  But enough about that...

This is such a great fall dish!  And while I haven't totally gotten on the fall-bandwagon yet, I was excited to make it.  You should have smelled it baking!



When I was reading the recipe, I felt the urge to add some pumpkin.  Maybe it was the pecans, maybe it was the brown sugar, who knows.  Then after Tyler had eaten some, he said it reminded him of pumpkin pie.  It's like one mind.  He also said it wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.  I guess he was expecting the worst. :)   Calvin loved it, Hadlee tolerated it and I liked it.  While it wasn't my favorite breakfast ever, I can see myself making it on special occasions, maybe with a few tweaks.  I like recipes where you throw everything in the refrigerator and bake it in the morning.  
Next time I am going to try some pumpkin and reduce the amount of milk and half and half and go from there.
If you'd like to try the recipe, you can visit the blog of our lovely hostess of the week Valerie.  Thanks for hosting this week and picking a fun recipe Valerie!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Make-ahead and decadent. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked it. And it did smell really good while baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought about adding pumpkin. I like your idea of cutting the liquids. Perhaps it will help the sogginess. I can also see this as a recipe for the holidays. Easy to make and feeds many.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover