Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bake 52: Spiced Pumpkin Bread (with Chocolate Chips)


 The summer has been 8000 degrees here and while I am not always ready for the idea of summer to end, I am so ready for cooler temperatures, fall baking and fall TV.  (Although it's been so long, I have forgotten which shows I am looking forward to watching.  I am sure it will all some screaming back to me.)  This was such a great recipe pick this week!  The last two recipes have been a great way to usher in the new season!


  I made 4 mini loaves instead of one large one so I could easily share it with friends.  I love that the book talks about options for that kind of thing.  You can also make 12 muffins and the book has tips for that.  I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't do that tomorrow.  I threw in some chocolate chips because, hello, it's me and I only put pecans in half the batter because I have some nut-haters around here.  It was super delicious.  I only used a dash of nutmeg because it's a spice I can only appreciate in small doses but I think next time I might add more cinnamon to make up for leaving out some of the nutmeg.  It just seemed like it could have used a bit more 'spice'.    
 I can't wait to make this again and try every variation from full loaf to muffins.  I also might want to try adapting it and adding some cream cheese like in this recipe.  Because cream cheese makes everything better. :)
And the recipe said something about waiting an hour to cut the loaf (loaves) but I never listen to that kind of nonsense.
 If you are looking for a great pumpkin bread recipe, you should give this a try.  You can visit Talesha's blog for the recipe.  She was our host this week and chose a great recipe, thanks Talesha!

*I just threw in some chocolate chips probably about 1 cup or so.   And the mini-loaves bake for about 35 minutes; the recipe makes 4 mini-loaves (using 2 cup mini-loaf pans).



2 comments:

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover