Tuesday, November 6, 2012

TWD: Buttermilk Crumb Muffins

These were pretty good.  Simple but good and I am all about simple but good.  They kind of reminded me of Amish Friendship Bread.  That was the flavor I identified them with anyway and I happen to love Amish Friendship Bread.  

Here's where I deviated from the recipe:
♥ Instead of using my hands to cut in the shortening, I used my mixer and whisk attachment.  I started with my hands and it was quite a mess, which made me wonder why my mixer was watching me do something she could do infinitely better.
♥ I substituted 3/4 cup sour skim milk and 1/4 cup sour cream for the buttermilk and it seemed to work pretty well.

What I would do next time:
♥  I would bake them at a lower temp next time, probably 325.  They seemed overly brown on the outside when they were just done in the middle. (Maybe my oven runs a little hot, I will have to look into that.)

♥  Make more topping.  You can never have too much topping, can you?

♥ I would probably half the recipe so I don't eat so many.  Or give some away.

 I hope you all are having a great election day! 

If you'd like a simple but good muffin recipe, give this a try.  You can get the recipe at the blog of our host for the week:  Easier than Pie

5 comments:

  1. Good call on halving the recipe. I did the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine were really brown too, so I think turning down the oven is a good idea! I'm glad they turned out well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see these were a hit for you. They came out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I halved the recipe as well - after I read that they were only good coming out of the oven. Yours did turn out pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those are perfect looking muffins! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover