Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bake 52: Cinnamon Swirl Bread

 If you have ever been to the Seasider Snackbar in Laie, Hawaii, you will know what I am referring to when I talk about the best cinnamon swirl bread I have ever eaten.  Hadlee and I would ride our bikes to the Seasider at least once a week to get it.  You had to go at just the right time though.  Once it was out of the oven and ready, it went fast.  We always tried to go around 9:30 because they would bring it out between 9 and 9:30 and by 10:30 or 11 it was gone.  The worst days were the ones we'd ride there only to be too late and have to ride home bread-less (don't feel too badly for me, we were still in Hawaii).  Now that we are no longer there (you can feel bad for me now), I have been on the look out for a bread that will claim the void in my heart left by the Seasider cinnamon swirl bread.  I have tried a few recipes but they haven't been what I was looking for.  I was super excited to try this one and see how it measured up.  


It's the closest I have come to duplicating that bread.  It wasn't exactly like it but it was still delicious.  And I am wondering if, with a few tweaks, I can eventually get to what I am looking for.  I let the bread over-rise and I am not sure if it baked long enough but it got really brown (on top) so I took it out.  I might decrease the oven temp next time and try to keep it in longer.  The toast is completely delicious and the bread is great the next day.  
 The toast is completely delicious and the bread is great the next day.  If you are looking for a great cinnamon swirl recipe, you should give this one a try.  You can find the recipe on Rebekah's blog, she was our host for the week and chose this great recipe.  And if you work at the Seasider or just happen to know their secret recipe, you can share it with me, I would be totally okay with it. ;)

14 comments:

  1. How did you get your cinnamon mixture so gooey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I chalked it up to under-baking! I don't think it's supposed to be like that, but I didn't mind that stuff oozing out. ;)

      Delete
  2. I think cinnamon bread would just taste better in Hawaii, anything would probably just taste better in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you are right, it's probably because we were in Hawaii!

      Delete
  3. What a pretty loaf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda-- looks perfect!! I loved this week. Thank heavens we got the right recipe sorted out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I can't imagine having missed this week!

      Delete
  5. If you get that recipe for the Seasider Snackbar, you best share! :) Sounds like fun memories - what fun days in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share for sure! It was so good, we miss that place.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You get to still have that bread whenever you want! Or do you ever make it up that way? Let me know how it goes if you try it. :)

      Delete
    2. I just made it last night. I made a little bit extra of the cinnamon mixture and it turned out just right!

      Delete
  7. It sure looks amazing, I love anything with cinnamon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover