Saturday, April 7, 2012

S'more Clusters

I LOVE s'mores and I think it's criminal that they are regarded as a camping treat.  I am always excited to see a s'more inspired cookie or cake but nothing beats an authentic s'more.  Usually when I am craving one (or 4) I make them in the oven.  {I put 4 graham crackers on a baking sheet and chocolate on top, put them in the oven and bake them until the chocolate is just melted, take them out and spread the chocolate then put either one big marshmallow or 9 small marshmallows on top and back in the oven until the marshmallows are browned and puffed.}  While they are pretty easy to make, it does take some time to spread chocolate on each one and line up 9 marshmallows. 


The other day I was going to have an impromptu scavenger hunt with my kids and needed an end prize.  I started thinking about all the things I had that I could whip up quickly.  I saw the marshmallows and, of course, started thinking s'mores.  And since I have been in the mode of dumping chocolate over things and mixing it up (Nutella Muddy Buddies and Cake Batter Buddies) this is where I landed.  If you don't care for toasted marshmallows, I am sure you could just toss them in without baking them, but I think they are almost the best part of the whole deal.  I can safely say, if you love s'mores, I think you will love these, I ate way too many!!  If you are making them for a crowd, you might want to double the recipe, this makes enough for a snack for 2-3 people.

S'more Clusters
3 cups mini marshmallows
3 graham crackers
1/2 cup milk chocolate
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 T canola oil
1/2 T butter

Preheat oven to 375.  Dump marshmallows onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (in a single layer).  
Bake until brown and puffed (5-7 minutes)  
Remove from oven and cool (I put mine in the freezer to cool more quickly, about 2-3 minutes)  You will know when they are cool when they lift easily from the parchment paper.  
Meanwhile, add chocolate, butter and oil to a microwave safe bowl and heat on med-low  (30-40 percent) power for a minute at a time, stirring between each minute until chocolate is melted and smooth.  Break marshmallows into pieces 
and break graham crackers into pieces about the same size.  
Add to the bowl with the chocolate 
and stir until coated.  Dump onto parchment lined baking sheet and return to freezer or fridge until chocolate is set up, 
and break into clusters.
If you have any left, store in an airtight container in the fridge.





Source:  Amanda Original

3 comments:

  1. Yummy. Ster has been on a smores kick so that's what we are doing tonight...except around his make-shift fire pit!
    Happy Easter - wish we were together in U110 dying Easter eggs over a black trash bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! What a quick and tasty treat for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!! Check out my blog, you have a surprise :)

    http://bakinginspain.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover