Friday, March 16, 2012

Nutella Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow)

Last week I posted a version of Muddy Buddies that Tyler really loved, this week I am posting what my version would be.  Some people call this muddy buddies and some call it puppy chow.  Whatever you call it, if you like Nutella, you should give this a try. 
I saw a recipe for Nutella buddies on a different site but it seemed to have more ingredients than I had on hand.  {HERE}  I decided to just try a version of the original muddy buddies with Nutella instead of peanut butter, with a couple alterations, and it was delish.  (And almost too easy and too few ingredients.  And gluten free!)

Nutella Muddy Buddies
Adapted from: Chex.com (also on the side of most Chex boxes)

4 1/2-5 cups Chex cereal (we used rice chex)
1 cup nutella
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 T butter
2 T canola oil
1- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Place cereal in a large bowl.  In a separate, microwave safe bowl, heat Nutella, chocolate, butter and oil in microwave on 50 percent, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.  Pour over cereal and carefully fold to combine (try not to break the cereal too much).  Add powdered sugar and toss to coat, add more as needed.  Enjoy!


Have a great St. Patricks Day weekend!  It will be better than mine since I am going to a funeral. :(



4 comments:

  1. Yum! I have all these ingredients now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nutella! I bet these are so scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazily and madly in love with nutella, these could be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love muddy buddies but have never used Nutella...can't wait! Looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover