Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Caramel Buttermilk Syrup


If you remember from the pumpkin pancake post, I mentioned making the buttermilk syrup with brown sugar instead of white to give it a caramel quality.  I finally tried it today.  We had pumpkin french toast, which wasn't nearly as good as the pancakes, but we made caramel buttermilk syrup with it.  Although I don't think the french toast was blog-worthy, the syrup definitely was.  I used sour milk instead of buttermilk, but I am sure buttermilk would make it even better.  Even though, it's probably not necessary, I am including the recipe.


Caramel Buttermilk Syrup
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a saucepan, cook, stirring occasionally until it boils.  Boil 1 minute, remove from heat and add vanilla.  Serve over pancakes, waffles or french toast. Makes 1 1/2- 2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover