Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Brownies II

I mentioned when I posted my favorite brownie recipe that I had a close second I wanted to share.  While the other recipe entails melting chocolate and butter and using the mixer, this one does neither.  No stove top work or mixer necessary (seriously, the only way these could be easier is if you have someone make them for you!), which makes this one all the more appealing.  This recipe has been my favorite for so long, I feel bad replacing it some of the time with the other recipe but it just has to be done.  


I wasn't sure what to name them since I already have a "brownie" posted.  I want to be sure everyone knows how much I respect this recipe so I thought Brownies II(the second, it's not just a 2!!) sounded respectable enough, what do you think?

I still make these when I don't feel like doing any extra work but still want a delicious brownie.  These aren't quite as fudgey and rich as the others and I realize that some people like that kind of thing (so you might like these better if you don't like super fudgey brownies).  I am sometimes even in the mood for something a little less decadent and a little easier.  Who knew?  

I almost always have the ingredients for these on hand and they are even delicious the next day....if they make it that long.  I often half this recipe using 2 eggs and 1 egg white in an 8x8 pan.
Brownies II
barely adapted from allrecipes.com

2 cups white sugar
5 eggs
1 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use more of a rounded half cup)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan
Combine sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla 
and mix well.  Add flour, cocoa powder and salt.  
Sir until just combined.  
Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.  
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean or brownies have small cracks on top and almost all the way set in the center.  






1 comment:

  1. Made these tonight, loved them! Easy to make and taste awesome. My husband said best brownie he ever had lol.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover