Friday, December 30, 2011

2011: My Favorites

I am hopping on the "favorites post" bandwagon.  (Even though I didn't blog all year, I can still have favorites, right?)  I have noticed quite a few blogs doing it and I wasn't sure I would until we ate breakfast this morning and realized these pancakes would make the list for sure.  I then started formulating the rest of the list in my head.  These aren't in a particular order and I was having a hard time picking favorites.  I love all of the posted recipes, that's why I shared them.  I finally whittled it down to 11 and I tried to keep it 11 that weren't already featured in the "popular posts" (on the right hand side).

Pancakes with Buttermilk syrup is one of the most eaten breakfast foods at our house.
 If you haven't tried them yet, you really should.  If you have an aversion to making your own pancakes and would rather do just the mix, still make the syrup.  You won't be sorry you did. :)



If you love soft sugar cookies and are looking for a good recipe, this post includes 2 good recipes.  You really can't go wrong with either of them.  

I just made these a couple weeks ago and I haven't been able to stop thinking about them since.  I can't wait for another excuse to make these Chicken and Broccoli Puff Pockets.

Churros are one of my all time favorite carnival foods.  The day I made them myself was a happy day indeed.

Speaking of carnival desserts, I think these Fudge Covered Frozen Bananas also qualify.  Even though I have been eating them my whole life, some people might count them as carnival food.  I could eat one a day and probably never get sick of them, I think I need one right now.  This list should really be called "Foods I Won't be Making for a While."  This post is already making me think this eating healthy business is going to be plain ol' bogus.

This Loaded Baked Potato Soup was delicious.  I am not sure why I haven't made it since, but now that I am revisiting recipes, it reminds me of this necessity.  It's going on the rotation!

One of my favorite recipes to make and eat has to be this Fried Rice.  It's super easy and super good.  

Is anyone else feeling like I really like the combination of chicken and broccoli?  I guess I do because this is my second recipe of the day, but I couldn't leave it out.  If you hate broccoli and chicken, I appoligize, if not, this Chicken and Broccoli Soup is for you. 

I love things that are easy but also delicious.  I can't count the number of times I have made this bread just for those reasons.  It really is the Easiest French Bread. (the cookbook author, Mark Bittman, was right) :)

I must also love chicken (I really do) because another chicken post has now made the list.  This might be one of my all time favorite meals.  I love Chicken Marsala.

Last but not least, these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my best creations and I love them.  I love my kids more, but just slightly. :)

I am excited for the coming year and the new cooking challenges it will bring.  Thanks for stopping by and checking in on my blog.  It makes me happy and gives me motivation to keep trying to better myself.   I hope you all have a very happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover