Thursday, December 1, 2011

Honey-Soy Glazed Chicken (Slow Cooker)

 I recently joined Pinterest but I don't know what I am doing.  It is a bit intimidating for me.  I kind of feel like I need to hurry and pin a bunch of random things from websites so it looks like I have interests other than cooking.  I have pinned a few things and instead of overwhelming myself decided to just wait until I come across something I like on a website and then I will pin it.  I also wish everyone couldn't automatically see everything.  What if I want to have a private board?  And pin a bunch of weird stuff I don't want people to know about?  I might be a closet weirdo.  Or maybe I want to pin gift ideas and don't want people to see them.  Can you make a board private?  I just don't know enough about the whole situation to feel comfortable I guess.
 

Why all this random talk about Pinterest?  Glad you asked.  I saw that my sister-in-law, Jen, had this pinned and I stole her idea.  Am I steeling people's ideas when I repin things?  Such a moral dilemma.  I love when I come across recipes and I have everything to make it!  It really is one of the best feelings.  Call me a nerd.  I am fine with it.  I changed a couple things in the recipe, but really I am not sure if it could be any easier.  It was a hit with everyone in the fam.  The only thing I might change for next time would be to maybe thicken the sauce a bit, but on a lazy day, it was perfect the way it was.   If you do want to thicken it you would have to transfer the sauce to a saucepan, mix about 2 tsp cornstarch in 1 T cold water and add to the sauce.  Heat until it boils and serve.  I just can't decide if it's worth dirtying an extra pan on crock pot night.  It's a big decision.

Honey-Soy Glazed Chicken(oh, and I changed the name)
adapted slightly from mmmcafe.blogspot.com

1 ½ lbs chicken tenderloins (about 8)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce (if you are gluten free, make sure your soy sauce is)
¼ cup chopped onion
⅛ cup (2 T) Ketchup
1 T canola oil
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp minced ginger or ¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp red pepper flakes

Place chicken in the crock pot, combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.  Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.  Shred chicken, return to crock pot and toss with sauce.  Serve over rice.




Printer friendly version


1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about Pinterest! I only have three things pinned:) This chicken looks yummy. Its planned for Friday, 'cuz I already have everything too!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover