Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oh, Brownies (Truffle Brownies)

{Photos updated 4/9/2013}
I am a bit of a brownie connoisseur.  I love brownies.  Especially these brownies.  I think some days I might leave my husband for them.  That's how much I love them.  I have another recipe that is a close second to this little gem.  It was my tried and true recipe for a few years until I found this one just a couple months ago.  The recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate.  I've used both bittersweet and semi-sweet with amazing results.  They will still turn out decadent and fudgey and lovely.  That's how I like my brownies, super chocolatey and fudgey and delicious. 
I love the crackle on top.  Have I mentioned I love these brownies?  I originally saw the recipe on Tracey's Culinary Adventures and she had folded some chopped up peanut butter cups into the batter before baking.  I am not a huge chocolate+peanut butter fan (I don't want that crap in my chocolate!), but if you are, try it!   I usually half the recipe and cook it in an 8 inch square pan, but that's just because I don't have enough will power to resist a brownie in my house.

At some point I am going to post the other recipe (update:  It's posted HERE.) I love too because I think it's good to have both.  While this one calls for butter and chocolate, the other recipe calls for oil and cocoa powder.  So if I am out of chocolate or butter, I can maybe still make brownies if I have oil and cocoa. 
Hmmmm, I think I might be addicted to chocolate. 

Truffle Brownies
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (or bittersweet chocolate finely chopped)
2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.  Line a 13x9 baking pan with foil and grease the foil (I've been out of foil before and just greased the pan.  It will work, but I usually use foil when I have it).  Heat butter in a saucepan until it just starts to sizzle.  Add chocolate and shake so butter coats the chocolate.  Remove heat and let sit for 5 minutes.  In mixing bowl combine: brown sugar, flour, and salt.  Add 2 eggs and combine.  Scrape down sides of bowl and add remaining 2 eggs and beat until combined.  Add vanilla.  Whisk chocolate and butter together, until smooth.  With mixer on, pour chocolate mixture slowly into flour and egg mixture.  Mix until well combined, make sure to scrape down the sides.  Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean.  
If you've used the foil, you can just lift out the whole thing of brownies and then cut them.
Tracey also talks about these being easier to cut if they are refrigerated overnight.  Ummm, brownies don't make it that long around here.  We like to eat them warm with ice cream.  I am lucky if there are any left in the morning, let alone the whole pan.  
Seriously, this brownie is begging to be eaten, not refrigerated. :)  


If you love brownie recipes and believe, like I do, that you can never have too many, THIS is also a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover