Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bake 52: Oatmeal Scones

 I don't have a lot of experience with this kind of scone.  The kind that's more of a biscuit.  So I can't really say if these turned out how they were supposed to or not.  We basically treated them like biscuits and ate them with jam, honey, butter and such.  Is that what you're supposed to do with these things?

I almost didn't toast the oatmeal because I was being lame and I thought last time I did it, I toasted it for too long (I think with the granola bars).  But I sucked it up and toasted it and wondered why I had been being such a baby.  It wasn't a big deal.  The rest of the scones came together fairly easy especially if you have a food processor (which I do).  I think next time I would make the cinnamon raisin variation, I bet it would taste almost like an oatmeal raisin cookie but you can pass it off as breakfast. :)
They were good and if you like scones, you should give this recipe a try.

Jen O. was our hostess for the week and chose the recipe, you can get it at her blog.  Thanks for hosting this week, Jen!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we did the jam and honey thing to. Now that you mention it they do taste more like a biscuit but I still think they turned out right. Yeah for a biscuit/scone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very healthy and tasty for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They reminded me of a biscuit too! They were good, but I think I was expecting something crunchier?

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover