Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bake 52: Cheese Pizza

I knew this would be a hard sell as soon as the recipe was chosen.  You see, I am very loyal when I find a recipe that I love.  It's not that I won't try a new recipe, but it has to be pretty darn good for me to leave something I love for something else.  Especially when the pizza that I love is also super easy.  Super easy and super delicious, that's a hard combination to beat.  
And it even got Tyler liking homemade pizza, which I thought would never happen.  So now you know why I was skeptical.  We had the entire package.  Sometimes I am skeptical and proven wrong though so I baked the pizza last night.  It was good....we ate it.  It was just kind of like having been on a date with Channing Tatum and then going out with Steve Carell.  Steve Carell is hilarious and I am sure would be a great date, but um, we are talking about Channing Tatum here.  Tyler was less nice about it, but he is always the critic.  He gave the pizza a 4 on a scale of 1-10.  Yikes.  Having said that, taste is subjective and everyone is different.  To some, this recipe might be their Channing Tatum of pizza.  If you want the recipe you can check out Betsy's blog sometime in the future, I think she will have it up later tonight.

It was still a pretty easy recipe, you make the dough in the food processor, which takes a second or two.  {But for Channing, you don't even have to get out the food processor.  Just a bowl and a spatula.  I know, it's hard to compete with that.}
 I thought the sauce was okay, but you guessed it, I like the sauce I have been using better.
 It might have been that the pizza was heart shaped, except I made a round one too.
 It looks really good and I was super excited about it when I went to eat it.
I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!!

12 comments:

  1. Your pizza recipe (Channing one) is a favorite in this house! I don't think I could bring myself to stray from it now so I might just have to make that tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now I'm going to have to try yours to compare! I really loved this one, though!!! Maybe I'm just easy to please? nah... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lukewarm on it too....I'll try it again, mainly for the sake of trying to master it, but I think I'll stick with my regular favorite recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm. I was totally going to kick it in the booty to make this this week. Maybe I'll make your instead. I need easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How the heck did you get your pizza so perfectly round?!? It looks so good! Mine was such a weird shape...oh well :) I can't wait to try your recipe now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had come up with Channing and could call it MY recipe but really it's Nick Malgieri's recipe and my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your pizza looked so soft a puffy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of Channing...have you seen his new movie yet? You NEED to go see it...forget the pizza. Go see that movie. You will see a part of Channing you have never seen! Wink wink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to try your Channing recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's adorable! But I know what you mean, sometimes you just like what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pizza looks great. LOVE the heart one. I thought of doing this, but then got going and before I knew it... there was a baked round pizza and I had totally forgotten all about my big heart plans. I'm excited to try your "Channing" crust recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pizza looks perfect. Love the heart shape.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover