Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happy National Cheesecake Day!

Usually when I hear about these holidays, I'm like, 'Really?  Should we really be calling that a holiday?'  With cheesecake, I'm totally on board.  It's National Cheesecake Day!  And if you live near a Cheesecake Factory, you can get a slice of cheesecake for half price.  If you don't, or only believe in homemade, here's a couple ideas for you.  These are some of my favorite cheesecakes.  I like most of these more than any cheesecake I've ever eaten, restaurants included.  Hurry and make one today! :)

Cookies and Cream Cheesecake- Oreo cookie crust, vanilla cheesecake with Oreo chunks.  Topped with crushed Oreos and white chocolate drizzle/ganache.

Caramel Apple Cheesecake- Graham cracker crust with vanilla cheesecake, covered with cinnamon apples, caramel, pecans and melted marshmallow.  (And I think toasted coconut would be good here.  Like it on an apple?  Throw it on your cheesecake.)

Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake- Spiced graham cracker crust with pumpkin cheesecake covered with caramel and toffee bits.  Maybe it's just for fall.  Maybe not.



Turtle Cheesecake-  Vanilla wafer crust with a chocolate cheesecake base, pecans, caramel and white and dark chocolate.

Have a great Cheesecake Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover