Tuesday, August 21, 2012

TWD: Popovers

This week was eye-opening for me.  Where have popovers been all my life?  I don't know but we are never to be parted again.  I felt like these were a cross between German pancakes (you know, the kind that puff up in the oven?) and the pastry used for eclairs and cream puffs (pâte à choux). They were so, so easy that I am going to need to make them all the time.  I am seriously in love. 

As soon as Calvin saw me get out the blender in the a.m., he though we were having crêpes. {He wishes.}  But since that's his favorite thing to eat, like ever, and I sorta teased him with the blender, I decided he could have his crêpe-favorites on his popover.  Hadlee had hers the same way and I ate mine with some honey/brown sugar-butter.  I made them in my muffin tins because I didn't really have anything else that matched the description but I am sure I am going to need a popover pan ASAP.  I had to make 1/3 the recipe because I only had one egg but I can see myself making a full batch in the very near future.  Maybe tomorrow.
 If you're like me, and you have yet to make a popover, change that soon!  They are delicious!
For the recipe you can buy the book, or you can visit the blogs of one or both of our hosts for the week:
or
Bake with Amy

If you'd like to see what the other TWD group members did this week you can go HERE.

11 comments:

  1. I grew up with popovers (Yorkshire Pudding) and have never thought of adding sweet to them. They were always for roast and gravy in my family. Will have to add some different toppings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, all those sweet fillings look so good....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your popovers got the royal treatment with the chocolate and jam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. The chocolate and fruit filling looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popovers with chocolate. How decadent. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love these with crepe toppings!!! So many options I hadn't dreamed of! Beautifully done~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda,
    I felt the same way when I first had them...love at first bite! LOL. The addition of the chocolate etc just makes it better...the popover pan is on my list to buy too :)

    Carmen
    http://bakingismyzen.wordpress.com/2012/08/21/twd-baking-with-julia-popovers/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The one at the top looks so good with the honey dripping down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes there will be many more popovers in my future. And a new pap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! That looks gorgeous with the crepe toppings! It sounds like you need to invest in a popover pan soon!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover