Friday, August 3, 2012

The Summer Bucket List

I am about to be knee deep in packing and moving.  I have tried to put it off long enough.  But I have come to realize that it was either me or the oven; one of us had to go.  I would have rather chucked the oven off the balcony but I will settle for moving to a place with a backyard for the kiddos and hopefully an oven that doesn't hate me (and try to kill me).  I thought that since I would be off the radar for a couple days, I would give you a bucket list.  Summer is coming to a close right before our eyes and these are a few of the things I think you shouldn't miss.  If you do miss them, however, you can make them anytime.  No rules here.
Grilling? This is one our favorite things to grill.

This no-cook vanilla ice cream is seriously so good.  Especially with frozen (or fresh) raspberries on top!

Avocado and Mango salsa.  So delicious and a little twist on regular salsa.  Eat it with just tortilla chips or on top of a salad, chicken or fish.

Fudge Covered Frozen Bananas.  It's almost healthy because there is fruit involved, right?  That's what I tell myself anyway.

Broccoli Salad.  One of my favorite salads.  I make it year-round, but it's great for a bbq side.

Fresh Strawberry Shakes.  I am also guilty of making this anytime of year.  So, so good.

This Chicken-Mango and Cilantro Pesto Panini is one of my favorite sandwiches.  I love everything about it.  You can use whatever bread you have and it will still be drool-worthy.

Fresh Corn Salad is a must-make.  This is fresh and semi-healthy and super delicious.

Mini Fruit Pizzas.  Essentially sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting and fruit on top.  And if you are asking me, this is what heaven is like.  In July or December. :)

Not only has my mouth been watering this whole time, but I have noticed that my photography has gotten a bit better!  It's obvious from the photos which photos are from older posts.  Look past the quality of the photos and don't miss out. :)

Ugh.  Now onto packing and moving.  I might throw myself off the balcony instead.  Don't worry if I do, Tyler has his RECIPES FOR TYLER IN CASE AMANDA DIES label.  Moving might kill me anyway.  Have a great couple of days!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to add the no-cook vanilla ice cream to my summer list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I really enjoy your blog and recently got the fun opportunity to award 15 bloggers with the Versatile Award and I wanted to give it to you for a job well done! Congrats and thanks. Check out the post here! http://favoritefamilyfoods.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/an-award-zucchini-fries/

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover