Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bake 52: Classic Pancakes with Strawberry Maple Syrup


 When I have a favorite recipe, I don't mind trying new ones, what if there is a better recipe I haven't tried yet?  It happens.  When I saw that Jesse had chosen these pancakes for our baking club, I was excited.  I don't mind trying new things.
Tyler on the other hand, is another story.  He has made it quite clear that when we have a recipe that is our favorite, there is no need to keep looking.  And that I should, "Quit messing with the balance of nature."  He might also be a little dramatic.  

We make a lot of pancakes around here.  So many that there is no need for me to look at a recipe.  There actually isn't a need for Hadlee to look at the recipe.  We both have it memorized.  Along with our favorite syrup.  I knew this week if Tyler caught me looking at a recipe, he would be onto us, so I tried to hurry and prepare when he wasn't looking.  When it came to the syrup, I was less excited.  There is something about maple syrup that makes me want to die.  I think it might be because I tried The Master Cleanse once and lasted about 4 hours before I wanted to die.  And all the blame fell onto maple syrup.  Why not lemons?  Who knows.  I did try the syrup even though the smell of it cooking made me want to crawl out of my skin.  (Who is being dramatic now?)  It was okay but didn't get me over my hatred of maple syrup.  It's not all things maple though.  I don't have a problem with maple bars.  

But enough about what I weirdo I am.  We all thought these pancakes were good and the syrup was good, but not good enough to de-throne our favorite.  
 These might be your favorite though, you should really try this recipe just to be sure.  Unless you don't want to mess with the balance of nature.  I am not scared of such things. You can find the recipe at the blog of our beautiful host for the week, Jesse.  (Thanks for picking a low-key and fun recipe this week!  It was kinda nice.) Ü

3 comments:

  1. My boyfriend is the same, he's not really into trying new things hahahaha but you never know what you may find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so great! I also have a favorite pancake recipe, but I've been playing around lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, the strawberry syrup sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover