Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bake 52: Peanut Butter Cookies

I am by no means a peanut butter cookie connoisseur.  I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have actually made a peanut butter cookie.  I mean, what's the point really?  Aren't they only for people who haven't heard of chocolate chip cookies?  (kidding, kind of)  Now that you know where I am coming from, you should also know that I thought these cookies were delicious.  Chocolate or not.  I did have to
keep myself from making chocolate frosting to squish between two cookies.  Tyler wouldn't have it. He loved these cookies, probably more than I did.  I am sure he would be just fine if I made them more often.  Did you know he doesn't really even like chocolate?  Sometimes I wonder how we got together.  Oh, that's right, it was at the Deer Hunt dance.  Good times.


I don't think I made my cookies quite as big as the cookies in the book.  I used my handy little scooper and I think it's about a 2 T scoop.  The book called for 3 tablespoons of dough for each cookie.  Mine spread out quite a bit and I think my cookies would have been huge if I had used that amount.  And I really wanted to use my scoop!  I took the time to do the crosshatch pattern.
 But it disappeared during baking.  Not that I cared.  These were the perfect kind of cookie.

Soft in the middle with a little crunch on the outside.  Don't look now, I think I am turning into a peanut butter cookie lover!  Oh, and did I mention, the dough was delicious??!!  It was.

I need to say thank you to Jennifer for hosting this week and picking a recipe that changed my mind. :)  If you would like the recipe, you can visit her blog HERE.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter cookies either, chocolate is always better but now you’ve left me wondering, maybe I should really think about making some…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY loved this recipe too. I opted for leaving the nuts out. They were so good. I also LOVED the dough. So yummy. Your cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted to do chocolate on them too! I just can't enjoy a cookie without chocolate. I loved the dough too - probably more than the cookie itself! And oh the memories of the deer hunt dance. Tagging each other - did they really have us do that? Oh the memories from growing up in Carbon County! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your crosshatch needed to be crosshatchier. Don't be afraid to dig deep here, Amanda. Go big or go home. Make your mark. Cross that finish line.

    They still look yummy, and I think your chocolate frosting idea-- genius!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I never went to the deer hunt dance. Really you tagged each other? Crazy! And, don't forget the blue dress.

    I might have to try these, they sound really good today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love peanut butter cookies, but I ALWAYS have to put in chocolate chips. It just isn't the same without them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Deer Hunt dance! I would love to see the pictures from that dance! It seems like many of us had the same opinion about these cookies, but the dough really was worth it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover