Tuesday, July 3, 2012

TWD: Cinnamon Biscotti with Fruit Bruchetta

I have only made biscotti one other time and it just happen to be for a TWD post.  Luckily it was incorporated into something super chocolatey and I found it to be delightful.  I had sampled one of the cookies last time I made them and wasn't super impressed.  I am not sure what all the biscotti hype is about.  I am also not a coffee drinker so maybe that's it?  Do you have to be a coffee drinker to appreciate biscotti?  Needless to say, I was kind of dreading today.  With all the yummy-looking 4th of July desserts flying around and my obsession with fresh fruit lately, this wasn't really doing it for me.  But I also really want to bake every week with this group-that's my goal and I haven't missed a week yet.  What to do?  Then I remembered this post and thought maybe I could use the biscotti and top it with a fruit bruchetta.

It was good, I think I would still rather have something else underneath the fruit.  It's just too much crunch for me.  I like a little crunch and a little soft and these are all crunch.  After they had sat for a while, the biscotti did soften up slightly under the fruit which made me like it a bit more.

I didn't see hazelnuts at the store, nor did I spend anytime really looking for them, so I just left them out.  I subbed the liquor with water and added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the dough (I halved the recipe).  I liked the idea of fruit brushetta but next time, I would do something else with the cream.  The honey, sour cream sauce wasn't really my thing, but it didn't stop me from eating a few of them just to be sure.  I think even just some Nutella and the fruit would have been better.  (I should also mention that Hadlee loved them.)

If biscotti is your thing, you should give it a go.  You can get the recipe at one of the blogs of our hosts for the week:
or 

If you'd like to see how the other TWD bakers did this week you can go HERE.

5 comments:

  1. I like the fruit idea. I've never been a huge biscotti fan either. I hope you have a great Fourth of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version and I love even more the fruit on top... delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tasty and healthy fruit bruschetta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that is just absolutely drool worthy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big coffee drinker, but not a fan of biscotti - at least these anyway. Your plated dessert looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover