Monday, January 2, 2012

5 1/2 layer dip

We had a little family New Year's Eve party last night (I guess since it's past midnight, it was technically the other night.)  Me, Tyler and the kiddos.  And what does a party mean?  Food!!  We had 5 1/2 layer dip, (extra pico de gallo) with chips, some chocolate chip cookies I will share at a later date (probably tomorrow) and some virgin margaritas (strawberry and plain).  The kids got to stay up until 10:30!  We played Mario Kart, watched Tron, painted toenails and fingernails (the girls, anyway) and ate, ate, ate.  I hope you guys all had a wonderful Holiday season.  I guess it's time to get back to reality although I am not looking forward to it.  

I know this dip isn't a new notion.  You have probably made it before but I like when I can take recipes I already have and turn them into something new and delicious.
 Mine is a 5 1/2 layer dip because some people don't like olives. ;)  I guess if you wanted to go crazy, you could make it an even 6 layer dip.

5 1/2 Layer Dip
1 can re-fried beans
1 recipe guacamole
1 recipe pico de gallo
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
1 can sliced olives.
Tortilla chips

I used a 9 inch pie plate, but you could also use an 8 inch square pan if you'd like.  Transfer re-fried beans to microwave safe bowl and heat for about 2 minutes at 50 percent.  Stir and spread in the bottom of pie plate.  
Repeat with guacamole, sour cream, and pico de gallo (I didn't use all of the pico de gallo, but you might want to, Tyler added more later.)  
Sprinkle with cheese and add olives.


3 comments:

  1. mmmm-I think I could live of of Pico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off of pico- don't you love it when you post a comment and it's spelled wrong! ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the gist! and now it looks like I have more comments. :) Is that how you spell gist? or is it jist? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover